There is nothing more thoughtful than a handmade gift. The effort you put in makes it so much more personal than when you just buy a present.
I’ll be sharing my quick and easy recipes for body cream, body scrub and a rose water facial spray. This DIY christmas gifts are perfect for beauty lovers.
Peppermint Lemon Body Scrub
All you need is:
- 1 Cup Cane Sugar (or salt)
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil (or any oil of your choice)
- 4 Spoons Avocado Oil (or any oil of your choice)
- 5 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1/2 Lemon (juice)
Let the coconut oil melt and squeeze the lemon. Mix the oils and the sugar together, then add the lemon juice and peppermint oil. Put the mixture in a container and let it cool down in the refrigerator for at least 1h.
Grapefruit Body Butter
- 1 Cup Cocoa Butter (or Shea Butter)
- 1/2 Cup Macadamia Oil (or any Oil of your choice)
- 5 Drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 4 Capsules Vitamin-E Oil (optional)
- 2 Spoons Aloe Vera Gell (optional)
Melt the cocoa butter and then, one after another, mix in all the ingredients. Let it cool down in the fridge for 2 minutes (warning: too long and it will not be creamy) and stir until the texture forms into a cream.
Rosewater Facial Spray
- Rose Petals
- Destille Water
- 1 Spoons Aloe Vera Gell (or 2 Capsules Vitamin-E Oil)
- 3 Drops Rose Essential Oil (I used Grapefruit Oil because I prefer the scent)
Put the petals into a bowl and add boiling water. Let it cool down in the fridge for at least 1h until the water adopts the color of the rose petals. Add essential oil for an even better scent and the Aloe Vera Gell / Vitamin-E Oil for an extra healthy and refreshing finish.
I usually prefer to combine my handmade gifts with something I bought. As a little extra, you could put all your DIY Beauty Products in (for instance) a shoebox and then decorated it with wrapping paper. My personal favourite: add a candle, a jewellery box and some of the new H&M facial masks and nail polishes to make this present even more special.
This Christmas, take matters into your own hands and make the holidays extra personal!