South Africa has some of the best wines in the world and even more impressive, they are still among the most affordable ones. Visiting the picturesque wine-estates and tasting their variety of wines is one of the loveliest experiences you can have while you visit the countryside of cape town.
As I mentioned before, these amazing wines are luckily very affordable. I tasted more wine than I ever had my entire life and I must say that this experience is worth sharing. So I thought that could I provide you with a list of my favourite estates and the best places to stay the night.
- Clos Malverne – has the best view over the wine gardens (definitely make a reservation if you want a table in the restaurant)
- Gurdian Peak – next to the most beautiful country scenery, really cheap wine tasting but amazing quality (provides delicious cheese& fruit plates for your wine tasting)
- Laborie Wine Farm – I recommend the wine tasting with olives (try the Chardonnay)
- Harvest at Laborie – a lovely restaurant next to the wine estate (best& cheapest steak in my life)
- Fairview Wine & Cheese – a huge variety of wine and cheese (tasting is inside without tables, but take a walk afterwards through their flower gardens)
Where to stay:
- Sugarbird Manor – affordable rooms, lovely view from the pool over the beautiful landscape
- Belair Country House – a lovely place with beautiful rooms, and a beautiful garden (close to the fairview wine estate)