To get a better impression of the amazing things that Dubai has to offer, follow me around Dubai in my video:
Even before I arrived, I already knew that this would become one of the most impressive cities I’d ever seen. If I had to describe Dubai in one sentence it would be: Disneyland for grown-ups! There are so many things you can do there, everything is possible. From exciting dessert tours to watching sharks swim around an aquarium while shopping in the Dubai Mall and back to dining next to a fountain show. It’s hard to imagine that about 50 years ago, none of these building were even here.
Like in all my travel posts I want to include a few tips to enjoy the best food, drinks, views and attractions when traveling to Dubai.
Must see/do Top 5:
- Burj Khalifa – tallest building in the world, best view over the palm
- Dubai Mall- perfect shopping place with a huge aquarium that you can check out for hours (if you are interested in the waterworld)
- Dubai Cruise- a short tour on the boot from the marina to the old city of Dubai (enjoy the great skyline from the sea)
- The Walk- a pretty place for a walk alongside cafés, restaurants and shops
- Jumeirah Beach- gorgeous sandy beach (public beach)
- The Sum of us a great and healthy selection of breakfast choices, amazing juices
- XVA Café a beautiful inner yard/atrium, amazing hummus
- Mango Tree a thai restaurants with the best view on the Burj Khalifa (great fountain show in the evening)
- Sushi Art very unique selection of sushi and maki (great for delivery since it comes in a pretty fancy black box)
- Pier 7 seven restaurants with a gorgeous rooftop bar for drinks and shisha
- Uptown Bar on the 24th floor of the Jameirah Beach Hotel with a stunning view to the Burj al Arab